What Is Facebook Insights?
If you have a business, you definitely have a Facebook page or plan to establish the one. Having made several posts and promotions on it, you have a question whether your social media marketing activities are going in the right direction. That is exactly the point where Facebook insights analytics comes into play. To make a long story short, Facebook insight is the web page analytics provided by Facebook to its users. The meaning of this term relates to various important Facebook metrics including reach, engagement, and likes. It allows understanding which type of content is more popular among your target customers, what the best time for your posts is, and how your audience interacts with them, choosing the best content strategy for the future. For your convenience, we have outlined the steps to get the most of your insights on Facebook.
Examine the Most Popular Facebook Insights
The first step in mastering Facebook insights definition is the understanding of the difference between two types of insights on Facebook:
- User insights – analytics related to users activity on your business page, including likes, page views, users’ demographics, referrers, etc.
- Interaction insights – analytics related to the user’s interaction with the content of your business page, including posts likes, discussions, mentions, etc.
As you can see, there is plenty of data at your disposal and it is hard to understand where to start. As a good start, we recommend to monitor these important indicators to understand Facebook insights:
- Pageviews – this metrics helps to understand the number of fans who return to your page. If you take the number of page views and subscribe to the number of unique page views, you see how many people return to your page. If this number grows during certain periods, it means that the content on your page is interesting for users and they prefer to return to it. You can also monitor the average monthly growth of your users and investigate how many new users continue returning to your page in the future period.
- Demographics – it is always important to understand your target customers in order to prepare the content being relevant to them.
- The number of likes and comments – these metrics relate to engagement. You have to monitor the popularity of your posts, check the unexpected spikes and drops in likes and comments and adapt your content strategy accordingly. It is one of the most useful Facebook insights helping to develop the proper social media calendar and focus on topics most relevant to your fans.
- Referrers – an interesting new metric Facebook introduced recently. It shows where the traffic to your page came from. Analyzing these data, you can increase the exposure to your page from the sites bringing the most traffic to your page.
These metrics will bring you powerful insights about the content relevant for your users. It might not be easy to track them manually therefore; the specialized social media monitoring tool might be of much help.
How to Use Insights on Facebook – Tips to Follow
Look through these simple steps to get the most of your Facebook Insights:
- Enter your Facebook page and click the “Insights” button at the top
- Investigate the key metrics discussed in the previous sections. Pay attention to the posts with the most reach and engagement.
- Dig deeper into analytics – download the page insights as an Excel sheet and sort by link clicks the most popular posts. Pay attention to the list of traffic generators as well. Do not be afraid to deep dive into data. If you are familiar with Excel, you can get a lot of interesting information from this data.
- Create an analytical report from the information you obtained – mark the most popular posts and compare the results of your page activities to the previous period to understand if you are working in the right direction.
Awesome, welcome to the club! Check your inbox every Wednesday for fresh content updates
Test popup text