When we start the discussion of fan pages on Facebook, the first step is to differentiate them from Facebook profiles. These are two different ways to represent yourself on Facebook. One way is to create a personal profile. The other way is to create the business owner account, which is the Facebook Fan Page. Its main goal is to represent the company.
A Facebook Fans Page has certain advantages for any company in comparison to the personal profile of the owner:
- Work as a brand page – you can communicate with the customer using your brand’s voice
- Allows interaction with other brands – it can work as cross promotion of your accounts.
- Allows interacting with customers as a company’s owner and as a brand simultaneously. Such an approach helps to make official comments from the brand’s side and add a personal touch from your individual profile to build higher engagement. Having the link from your business page to a personal profile creates an additional contact point with target customers
- Allows using Facebook tab options and services – a Facebook marketplace to sell your products, Jobs tab to hire the personnel you need, Events tab to promote your future event, Offers the tab to share all the promotions you currently have
How to Create a Fanpage on Facebook
Step 1. Define your category
Depending on the category, you will get access to various features of the account. See the table below for details. Categories are listed in columns.
|Books & Magazines, Brands & Products||Companies & Organizations||Local businesses||Movies, Music, Television||People, Sports||Websites & Blogs|
|Ratings & Reviews||+|
Step 2. Add the required information about your business
A good point to start is to download your corporate logo, as well as photos making your target customers acquainted with your product or service. Do not forget to include a detailed description of your corporate history, business goals, and values. These details will create the first impression among your target customers. Add your website URL to allow users to get additional information on your products in case they need it
Step 3. Add your cover photo or video
Pay attention to the cover image you upload and be sure that it will make the proper impression on the customer when he sees it. Use brands colors and try to be as visual as possible. You can also upload a video as your cover page, which is a good point to differentiate your brand from competitors
Step 4. Start posting
When you have performed all the steps above, it is time to build your timeline. Remember to post regularly, respond to comments and keep track of the changes in engagement over time. A smart posting tool would be good help at this point. You can also star or highlight the most important posts and place them to the top of your timeline.
Best Practices on Facebook Fan Page Management
Follow these recommendations to get the most from your Facebook fan page:
- Pay attention to the content – you have to make engaging and informative content within your timeline to attract the target customers’ attention
- Interact on the go – do not skip any conversation with customers. Monitor your timeline and respond to comments as quickly as possible
- Collaborate with other pages – a good idea is to work with social media influencers to promote your content and to perform guest blogging. The other opportunity is to offer cross-promotion to other brands with related products
- Make interactive posts – you have to include calls to action in each post within your timeline building engagement with your users
- Use paid advertisement – it might not be the cheapest way, but still an effective one to promote your page and get most of it in terms of customer interaction