Everything you should know about LinkedIn groups
In every social media, users are able to create groups, join them and post content for these groups. LinkedIn is not an exception. If you need to gather in one place people with the same views or professions, you need to create a LinkedIn group.
However, today many users don`t know that there is an ability to create a group on LinkedIn. And, in this article, we will tell you how to create your own LinkedIn group and how to make it unique and non-standard. Continue reading, because here will be a lot of interesting information.
What are LinkedIn groups?
Linked groups are hubs on LinkedIn which provide a place for professionals in the same industry or with similar interests to share content, find needed information, post and view jobs, make business contacts and deals and establish themselves as industry experts.
The benefits of LinkedIn groups
If you are a member or even an owner of a LinkedIn group, such networks have many benefits. A status of an active LinkedIn group member can help you and your business network with other professionals and businesses in your field of activity.
As a business, having an active LinkedIn group will help you to build strong connection channel with your customers. While building a LinkedIn group, brand creates a special forum where customers are able to connect it. This practice is very profitable because it helps businesspersons to create established relationships between them and their followers.
You don`t need to create a LinkedIn group to post advertisements – it`s a place where people can share enjoyable content and find important information about the topic.
How to start a LinkedIn group?
If you are on your homepage, hover over the Interests button and select Groups from the menu. Click in “My Groups” button and then on “Create a group” button.
You will see a submission form where you need to upload a group logo and add information such as group name, summary, website, location, visibility and description.
The easy part has ended, and now it`s time for adding and engaging your members.
For the first time, you need to create a welcoming environment for your new members. Here are some workable methods:
- Provide an easy way to introduce themselves and share welcoming messages
- Engage with new members` posts to encourage them to share their expertise
- Share the group rules and guidelines so members will be able to join conversations safely.
- Send private messages to new members to make one-on-one connections
The main part is completed. Everything what comes after that is the process of building and establishing your group relations.
How to join a LinkedIn group?
If you don`t need your own LinkedIn group, you can join someone`s else. Here`s how you can do it.
First, you should find a group that you want to join. If you want to make a search by names or keywords, you need to:
- Select “groups” from the dropdown list on the left from the search box at the top of the page.
- Enter your keywords.
- If there is a need of narrowing down your searches, you can use filters on the left side of the search results page.
If you are interested in groups recommended by LinkedIn, you need to:
- Hover over the “interests” button and select “groups” from the menu.
- Click “discover” at the top of the page to see your suggested groups.
- To request membership, click on the “ask to join” button on the left of the page.
As you see, a LinkedIn group doesn`t have something special comparing with Facebook, for example. It has the same functions and the same target – gather people together.
Awesome, welcome to the club! Check your inbox every Wednesday for fresh content updates
Test popup text