How to master a Facebook advertisement targeting to your audience? Simple advices and recommendations
All developers who are working with an audience in different social media know that the only way to make people do something for you is to draw their attention. How to draw their attention? Right, you need to start advertising campaign.
If we are talking about Facebook as the most popular social media in the world, we should admit that sometimes you can face problems during the working process. In most cases, it`s the lack of activity or people`s unwillingness to buy something. Developers often think that the main reason is their bad advertisements. They start making changes and adding unnecessary details.
However, sometimes the main problem is hiding inside the audience. People just missed when started following you. So, what should you do to avoid such situations? You should start using Facebook advertisement targeting in your promotion campaign. In this material we will give you the full guide about targeting and some basic recommendations in advertising.
What is your Facebook audience?
Maybe you think that this is a stupid question in the context of social media, but some people can`t even realize where is their real audience. Your Facebook audience is a group of active people who are following your business page and are interested in your performance. In this case we are separative active Facebook users from passive Facebook users. We hope you understand which part is more important for us.
How to work with Facebook targeting?
First, we must say what is targeting in global meaning. It is a specific process of choosing the right part of your audience which is interested in your content and makes regular activity on your profile. Her we have some basic points that help developers to perform targeting.
- This means an audience relation to a population, age, sex, income, material status and other similar points. Facebook gives you a huge amount of demographic options.
- The ability of targeting users by state, city, country, zip code, street name or any other parameter.
- A point that has very serious impact in the targeting process. You just analyze the things that people are interested in and separate those who aren`t interested in your business right now. Examples of interests in the social media: rap, sport, science, cinematograph, game industry etc.
- An engagement is when someone is making activity on your social media account (put likes, write comments, make shares etc). if someone put a like on your Facebook post or retweeted your last message in Tweeter, he could be possibly interested in your content, so you can show him your advertisement.
- Partner connections. Such advertising method is based on relationships that people make between each other. For example, if are a boss of building company, you can connect with people who are planning to build a new house or a huge building for their own business.
- Automatic optimization. This means that you use basic demographic and target options to zero-in your audience.
How to build a successful Facebook audience?
You should understand that meaning of “successful” audience is very conditional, because there aren`t any real examples of successful audience in every developer`s performance. However, we can create an optimal plan of creating a type of audience that you should be orientated on.
Our plan will include 4 main points:
- Goals and values. Strong points that let us know what exactly customer wants to get from us. It could be an increasing capability of his business (if he`s a developer too) or just a need to purchase some important products for using in life.
- Objections and role in purchasing process. This point means that user should have a clear understanding of what he is doing, why he is doing and what happened if he will make this purchase.
- Sources of information. Books, lectures, conferences, masterclasses or even Internet free roaming. All these sources tell us how serious customer is interested in connecting with our business. However, this part of making a successful audience could be very subjective. Customer could just remember the name of product you are selling or service you could give (food delivery or car was) and immediately react on it.
- Challenges and pain points. Part that shows all difficulties for customers while working with your business. it could be financial problems, commercial problems or something else.
As you see, the process of targeting your Facebook audience is very interesting and specific. It has its own difficulties and hard moments. You should be ready to spend our analyzing your current audience, finding the perfect solution of creating a model of successful Facebook audience.
However, we can guarantee that every spend hour will be turned into a great result – you will get the real active audience where every subscriber will be interested in what you are doing.
We hope that out article was interesting for you and you will use our recommendations. Good luck!