Black Friday is a traditional sale for U.S. citizens after Thanksgiving. Over time, the promotion has spread worldwide and become the most famous sale of the year. Don’t miss it! According to Google Search Trends in 2019, the number of searches for “early Black Friday” and “early Black Friday deals” increased significantly from previous years. And in 2020, many shoppers began to prepare even earlier and googled Black Friday Christmas merchandise as early as Sept. 26. Customers are waiting for great deals. But how do you attract them to your business? SMM can help you. And, luckily for you, we have prepared our top 5 Black Friday social media post ideas!
Good to know
- Make sure you offer reliable and inexpensive shipping. Statistically (U.S. data), 90% of shoppers said that free shipping was their number one incentive for choosing a store. The ability to deliver on the day of purchase makes an order 50% more likely. At the same time, only 9% of customers took advantage of this offer. About 50% of users preferred next-day delivery, and 85% — after two days.
- Prepare for the active use of mobile devices. More and more customers are using their smartphones to make purchases. Activate this potential to attract customers. Make sure the site looks and works perfectly on mobile devices (test it on all types of gadgets, not just your own).
- Choose social media for your campaign. It’s very easy to get carried away and spend time on efforts on many networks at once. But it’s more effective to focus on 1-2 platforms. The principles for choosing a platform are 1) the most revenue; 2) the most engaged community.
- Start preparing now. Don’t wait until the last minute to launch an advertising campaign. Plan the campaign in advance. Determine your goal and indicators of success, and decide what you need to do to reach your audience.
- Create landing pages. If you’re advertising on social media, it’s time to step up and create a landing page. A landing page allows for a more accurate match between social media messaging and conversion growth. It may be worth creating multiple landing pages for different product groups.
- Take into account time intervals. The number of orders on Black Friday increases continuously until the end of the day.
Top 5 Most Engaging Black Friday Posts Ideas to Boost Your Sells
Don’t be afraid to make jokes
Humor leads to more conversions, and there are several reasons for that.
- Humor attracts attention, especially on social media. “Jokes work because they challenge. The unexpected twist of a story activates the brain’s frontal lobes, which are geared toward object recognition. Reactions shift from rational to emotional,” the Harvard Mahoney Neuroscience Institute claims. Since humor in advertising is an unexpected device, its use is relevant.
- Humor makes you forget about the selling process. Jokes distract the brain, making it less resistant to influence. Any user is bombarded with enormous information daily, and the brain automatically filters out advertising. Humor loosens that guard and distracts the rational part, resulting in a more emotional response.
- Humor raises the mood. A professor of marketing and statistics at Saint Vincent College has found that humor elevates mood, and as a result, people associate it with the product in question.
Here’s what you should consider when creating a Black Friday social media post:
- Do your research and get to know your audience. Even if you’re aiming to create humorous content, that doesn’t negate serious research.
- Be friendly and keep it simple. If you have to poke fun at yourself, people are bound to notice. It will likely lead to failure.
- Make quality content. Don’t forget about design.
Interactive — making wishes come true
Aliexpress creatively approached Black Friday by launching a very interesting interactive, which, firstly, gives an understanding of what products are most in-demand, and secondly, increases audience loyalty through an individual approach. The mechanics are simple:
- A week or two in advance, publish a post asking people to write what they want to get on Black Friday with a discount.
- On the day of Black Friday, you announce that the discounts on items are already available.
- Then create a poll with the items that get the most comments under the post asking about wishes. There must be at least 10 items. The essence of the vote is that the discount on the product will correspond to the percentage of votes it received. Be sure to specify that the discount cannot be more than 50% (this is at your discretion).
Use trending Black Friday hashtags
The most popular hashtag is #blackfriday. To avoid getting lost among millions of posts, make personalized hashtags, but make sure to add trending ones, too. Here are a few hashtags that are great for promoting your brand on Black Friday.
Questions for social media followers
Ask questions in your social media posts to get more engagement. For example, the American chain Kohl’s raffled off a $500 gift card. It was to be given to the person who came up with the most successful continuation of a song line. The other option of a Black Friday social media post is to make your followers guess the top product the company would sell on Black Friday.
Participating in a charity
Charity is also an option for the Black Friday campaign and a great idea for the Black Friday social media post. Even though charity won’t bring you a profit, you’ll do a good deed and increase your brand awareness and credibility. It will set you apart from your competitors, who are only interested in profit. In the long run, a charitable campaign can bring you even more than a short-term sales promotion.
For example, the British restaurant chain Pieminister joined forces with a well-known organization that helps homeless people. The company arranged a pie giveaway for them. It makes sense that people were eager to share the news of such a good endeavor on social media.
That’s it! Here are our top 5 ideas for the Black Friday social media post. Also, don’t forget about our great templates! With PromoRepublic you can create engaging posts for every holiday.
Click the link for more info, book a demo, and grow your business with all our features.